Monday, March 24, 2008

The Beginning (Jessica's Version)

Well, John has been wanting me to write my version so here goes... I had just moved to Provo and started working at Macaroni Grill..So I think it was like the third or fourth day I had worked and the restaurant was really busy and I didn't really know anyone including John and I am just standing in front of the hostess stand and one of the bussers ( John) walks by and tells me " I think your gorgeous".. I am thinking thanks but also how weird!! I mean I don't think we had even talked to each other...Plus I had a boyfriend at the time so I wasn't really interested... Some time goes on and I had gotten this kitten and seriously the day I got the cat my boyfriend at the time was like "I think he is sick and dying " so I am already attached and I end up taking the cat to the vet and I go to work that day and I am sad and John and I have our first real convo about my sick cat..haha.. Anyways I would say that conversation broke the ice between us..

One day my sister Cara (she worked at Macaroni Grill with us) was telling me that John was asking people if they knew if I was and I quote " A good girl" which I am guessing the response was yes or John and I wouldn't of dated.. So I clearly knew John was interested and my sister wanted me to break up with my boyfriend so she started saying things like I think you should date John hes so nice and would treat you better than Dustin, So I started thinking he is really nice to me (he was always helping me at work and just really sweet )and I thought he was cute
so I just started getting more and more interested BUT there was one thing I had to know What kind of clothes did he wear!! hahaha... My sister luckily had seen him in regular clothes and informed me that he dressed well. So the only thing I had to do was break it off with my boyfriend and some way let John know I was interested !!

At Macaroni Grill everyones schedules are posted up in the back so you can see who is working each shift and it was the summer and I wasn't in school so I started picking up shifts on the days John was working or trading shifts so I could work the same shifts as he did ...(he never believes that I did that but I really did) So one day I get called into work bc It was really busy and Luckily John ended up being there so I didn't mind working... At the end of the shift I had already been told I could leave but John was still there so I really didn't want to leave so I thought I can just sit here and roll silver wear and maybe he will come over..... FINALLY he comes over and says " So when are we going to hang out?" I say "well let me look at my schedule" I get my schedule and I think I said something like maybe this weekend and then I inform him I have a boyfriend and he replies " Yeah I don't care"... So that night I call my boyfriend and break up with him! And me and John have been together ever since!!!!

3 comments:

C said...

I forgot how instrumental I was in bringing you two together. I should get any and all credit for this marriage. If it weren't for me, Jess would still be dating a turtle and John's hair would probably still be about five feet tall. Dang, I'm good!

Brooke H. said...

haha cara is funny..."forth" is spelled "fourth" and didnt john tell you about Dewey when buddy was sick? i have a good memory andi wasnt even there!

Karrissa Winward said...

Hey John-This is Karrissa Winward (Parsons). I saw your blog on Russ and Katie's and thought I would say hi! My little sister cheers for THS and said that she always sees you at the football games and stuff. Anyway, hope everything is going well. If you want to check out our blog just email me your email address at karrissa@inpnet.org (it's a private blog). Anyway, talk to you later!