Sunday, August 9, 2009

Flash Back: Missionary Memories

img044img030img046

 Okay, this doesn’t look like “Quiet Dignity”, the motto of the MTC… but to my defense I didn’t even want to wrestle. My companion and I were walking by and this room when we saw this elder (the one on top of me) was wrestling another, so we watched. I think I had laughed or something and the Elder said something like, “Do you think you can do better?”

I replied, “No, I don’t want anybody to get hurt.” But he thought I was meaning I would hurt him. I was actually worried about myself! Well, he grabbed me and I did my best to stay alive! But I’ll have you notice that one arm is holding up like 350lbs, until a second later when my head went crashing into the ground. It was pretty bad because the MTC dorms have a nice thin layer of carpet laid over concrete. 

As you can see I had rug burns to pay for as penitence and worst of all it was winter and we were required to wear our suit jackets, but I couldn’t put mine on because I didn’t want to get my jacket dirty. I was the only elder in a sea of dark colored suits, a beacon of light because of my white shirt. When I got bandaged up I could wear my jacket but then it would sting having something pressing against it. All in all it was a stupid thing to do. But the Elder later told me out of all the people he wrestled I had given him the hardest time. Nice!

No comments: