Friday, August 28, 2009

Pioneer Days Celebration 09

I finally had the opportunity to make it out to the Manassa for The Pioneer Days Celebration. I have always been in school during the celebration. It was a great experience getting to know Jessica’s extended family. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Manassa, it is a tiny town in Colorado a mile wide and a mile long. This small town has some far reaching roots and some amazing traditions. They have the record for the most hamburgers sold during the celebration. 

Map picture

At the park watching some concerts after the parade.S7304271 S7304273 S7304280 I work with Chris Blinzinger at the ER and he used to live in Manassa. I told him I would make sure to go see his name on the Jack Dempsey statue. S7304284S7304285  This is Jessica’s cousin, Tori. I’d never been to a Moto-X, but she did awesome. Later some pro guys did some sweet tricks. S7304296S7304309 Jessica’s Grandparent’s house where we stayed for the trip.S7304319 S7304324 I’m excited that we were able to go and even more excited that Andrew, my younger brother, will soon be a part of the Durfee/ Sowards clan. He’ll be the new guy next year if he is able to make it.

3 comments:

Erin Collins said...

Jessica! This is your old hair client Erin Collins. I am so glad I found your blog so we can keep in touch! My blog is http://nathanerincollins.blogspot.com/

I hope you are doing well!

Erin Collins said...

Jessica! This is your old hair client Erin Collins. I am so glad I found your blog so we can keep in touch! My blog is http://nathanerincollins.blogspot.com/

I hope you are doing well!

Lindsay Blain said...

It looked like a fun trip! :) Miss you girl!